C&S Brand Australian Activated Carbon
About C&S Brand Australian Activated Carbon
Produced in the company’s dedicated Sydney Plant, the products are derived from Australian coal and are used across a wide range of industrial, municipal and domestic applications including:
- water and wastewater purification;
- soil decontamination;
- liquid and gas purification;
- personal protection equipment; and
- a range of environmental applications.
The use of Activated Carbon to remove a wide range of organic contaminants from soil and sediment is considerably cheaper than conventional dredging and landfilling methods delivering a less disruptive, more cost-effective approach to ecosystem remediation.
C&S Brand Powdered Activated Carbons (PACs) are utilised extensively in water treatment plants to dose raw water supplies to remove tastes, odours and/or toxins.
C&S Brand Granular Activated Carbons (GACs) are utilised in potable water treatment in fixed-bed gravity adsorbers, or in pressure vessels. They can be readily installed in specialised filter beds, either as a replacement for coal type filter media or as a replacement for a large portion of the sand in monomedia filters.
In conjunction with ozone, GACs are also used in an advanced water treatment process called the Biological Activated Carbon (BAC) Process.
C&S Brand coal-based GACs have been demonstrated to have superior performance to other types of GACs when used in this process.
Furthermore, we can provide materials to decontaminate sites to ensure that land which otherwise may not be useable for residential or sensitive purposes can be made environmentally safe for these and other purposes.
Advantages and benefits of C&S Brand GACs include:
- Adsorption efficiency – removes a wide range of dissolved organic compounds from water;
- Hardness – maximum particle integrity under frequent backwash;
- Granulometry – ensures minimum head loss, and optimum filtration efficiency when used in adsorption or filtration mode;
- Maximum effective operational life;
- Ensures compliance with relevant standards; and
- Cost-effective operation.