C&S Brand Australian Filter Coal
About C&S Brand Australian Filter Coal
C&S Brand Australian Filter Coal is recognised as the premier filter media for water and waste water treatment plants.
Developed from pure Australian coal, the product meets the physical requirements of the published AWWA B100 standard.
Our product is light, chemically stable and abrasion resistant requiring less water and energy in the backwashing processes than standard Anthracite Filter Media.
C&S Brand Australian Filter Coal has been evaluated, approved and implemented by numerous authorities, including Sydney Water, Melbourne Water, SA Water, TasWater, Hunter Water Corporation, SeqWater, Water Corporation WA, Hong Kong Water Supplies Department, and the Singapore Public Utilities Board.
Advantages and benefits of C&S Brand Australian Filter Coal:
- Superior particle size grading – the optimum Uniformity Coefficient in the industry;
- High durability and stability;
- High product consistency and Quality Control;
- Wide industry acceptance;
- Optimum specific gravity allowing for water and energy savings in the backwash process;
- Multiple packaging options ensuring longer storage and product integrity; and
- Lower average cost and improved performance when compared with traditional anthracite filter media.
James Cumming & Sons can assist plant owners and operators to obtain maximum performance from the continually evolving granular filtration process.
James Cumming & Sons is able to work with existing water purification and desalination plants to upgrade their plants and to substitute our superior products where optimal results are not being achieved due to the products currently being utilised.
We can further assist with the provision of specific technical information and advice including providing support to trials in pilot plants.